Pylons is a seed-stage startup on a mission to bring digital items to the world and power meaningful value and self-expression for all. We believe that blockchain will power so much more than currency, and that value belongs to the people who create it.
Built on Cosmos, and incubated at Tendermint, Pylons is a fast and interoperable system for brands and creators to build engaging products with meaningful NFT experiences.
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to further our mission of making blockchain and NFTs accessible for everyday people. You’ll partner with the Pylons leadership to define and execute the marketing strategy both for the Pylons ecosystem and for our first-party products.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need experience building and executing marketing strategies from scratch for a variety of B2B and B2C products, a high degree of comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to balance strategic work with rolling up your sleeves to execute.
If you’re excited by the idea of working with a small, passionate team to bring blockchain to the mainstream, let’s talk!
- 8+ years experience leading marketing strategy and execution for consumer products
- Proven track record of driving business outcomes
- Strong user and market research skills
- Experience with event marketing and experience design
- Experience leveraging community to achieve marketing and growth objectives
- Expertise in performance marketing and data analysis for campaign optimization
- Highly collaborative
- Autonomous with a bias for action
- Experience with early-stage startups and building marketing strategies from scratch
- Understanding of cryptography and distributed systems or the ability to quickly and independently learn
Nice to Have
- Experience with PaaS products
- Prior knowledge of Blockchain and NFT technology
What you’ll work on
- Help define our brand voice and tone
- Define and evolve the Pylons narrative, storytelling, marketing strategy, and product positioning
- Lead the creation of the branding and marketing for our consumer products:
- Easel: our first-party art NFT minting app
- Pylons Wallet: our first-party wallet application for buying, selling, and managing digital item ownership
- Develop and execute adoption and go-to-market strategies for our consumer products and the larger Pylons ecosystem and SDK
- Design initiatives and events to foster and grow community across our main audiences - software developers, artists, consumers, and brand partners
- Create strategies for gathering community feedback to help inform product decisions, features, adoption, etc.
- Create and execute communications strategies tailored to appropriate audiences, including in-product messaging, website content, social channels, launch material, emails, education materials, etc.
- Analyze growth initiatives and flows, identifying product opportunities for enhancement, activation, and growth
- Collaborate with designers to revamp Pylons’s marketing collateral, website, and overall web presence